We’re really keen to hear from people with a real passion for customer service and satisfaction. Ideally you will have gained experience in a Facilities Management Help Desk environment and be looking to move into more of a specialist role.
You’ll be joining a brand-new team based at the University of Greenwich as a Help Desk Operator, you'll be dedicated to delivering excellent customer service to our customers. This could be through telephone or email, it will be up to you to ensure we are recording, solving, or where necessary escalating the query in a timely and professional manner.
This role involves working 40 hours per week, 5 out of 7 days and the successful candidate must be available to work between 07am - 7pm Monday to Sunday as per contractual requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
- Accurately record details of the caller, problem and severity and ensure that the Service Centre Manager is aware of situations which could develop into issues
- Work within and to, processes and procedures
- Respond quickly and efficiently to incoming telephone, and email messages in line with client service levels, ensuring attention to detail when obtaining and inputting information
- Have a clear and professional telephone manner
- Driven by having a high degree of customer and supplier satisfaction, applying logic and common sense to requests for assistance, ensuring that identified criteria are escalated in accordance with procedures
- Complete training and coaching sessions and incorporate any changes necessary in your duties, methods, working hours and procedures
- Review practice and process, having a good eye for detail identifying any potential areas of improvement and highlight to your Service Centre Manager
- Experience of providing helpdesk or call centre service, developing productive working relationships with key customers and suppliers
- Basic Understanding of computer hardware, peripherals and applications e.g. networks, shared files and folders, report creation
- Competent with Microsoft Office applications
- The ability to work to targets and KPI’s
- Strong communication skills (Verbal & Written)
Where we can be flexible:
- Knowledge of computer databases and their applications.
- Ideally be qualified to NVQ level 2 or 3 in Customer Service or Call Handling
- Demonstrable experience of working with, and developing KPI’s and measurement information in a similar environment
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader employer. We’re committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.