Shell Energy has partnered exclusively with Robert Walters to find an experienced Technical Product Owner in Coventry.
About Shell Energy
At Shell Energy, we provide more and cleaner energy solutions across a global portfolio of gas, power and environmental products to meet current and future energy needs of our customers: energy producers, asset owners, traders, wholesalers and large commercial and industrial energy users.
As a Technical Product Owner, you will be required to:
- Work with the Techops on Sarbanes Oxley and produce the relevant evidence required by the auditors for the IT and Finance controls;
- Work with Credit Management, Finance and other technical teams to investigate and resolve support issues, paying particular attention to identifying systemic issues, which maybe resolved through change;
- Identify and steer opportunities for continuous improvement initiatives from Credit Management and Finance;
- Work with the Technical Product Manager to implement change across the Platform/product lifecycle - identify the problem, gather requirements, support testing and deploy the change;
- Interface to any party that is, or may be, impacted by change related work;
- Be a point of contact for raising change requests by giving advice and support;
- Deliver a consistent and high quality of service to both internal and external stakeholders. Act as the gatekeeper to ensure all new and existing business alterations go through the change management process;
- By continuously evaluating existing processes and procedures to ensure fit for purpose and carried out in an efficient and effective manner. Recommend and instigate appropriate corrective action as a result of lessons learnt and experience;
- Assist with documentation, publication and implementation of change with revised process maps and procedures;
- Undertake internal training/workshops where necessary to embed improvements within the operation, ensuring positive change is maintained.
Key skills for this role include:
- Understand the role of SoX and risk auditors and be willing to learn;
- Have an understanding of Finance/accounting terminology;
- Be self-motivated with strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Have some experience of managing stakeholders and relationship management;
- Be logical and analytical thinking;
- Understand how change can be implemented to obtain the best results;
- Be curious;
- Be an effective communicator
Who you'll work with:
We're ambitious with a pace to match, and as part of one of the world's largest companies, the opportunity and ability to push forward is greater than ever before.
We foster a culture of continuous improvement. Accountability matters, which means enabling transformation through autonomy to influence and see progress through.
The Data and Insights team is a multidisciplinary team of around 25 developers. The team includes data engineers, data analysts, data visualisation specialists and data scientists. As well as maintaining a centralised data warehouse and reporting suite, we work with all parts of the business to enable data-driven decision-making, support tactical initiatives, and ultimately deliver a better experience for our customers.
You will benefit from the experience of the wider team, as well as having access to the departmental Academy programme, providing a wealth of learning and development material. You will also be involved in our Cloud migration and associated developments.
Every day we work to provide an environment where all employees feel valued and included and can nurture their talent as individuals and as part of a collaborative team. A diverse and inclusive workplace, embedded in our principles of honesty, integrity and respect, brings together remarkable people and enables them to be themselves. At Shell Energy, you'll be able to apply and develop your skills and knowledge as part of a collaborative team that's helping to innovate.
To find out more about the opportunity, or to apply, please contact Daniel Andrews at (url removed)
All direct and third-party applications will be forwarded to our exclusive recruitment partner Robert Walters for their consideration.